Financial Planning & Budgeting Director
10900 Corporate Centre Dr #250, Houston, TX 77041, USA
Thursday, February 21, 2019
DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 25 years and has a strong market presence in the energy and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Job Title: Director of Financial Planning and Mergers & Acquisitions
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Director of Financial Planning and Mergers & Acquisitions will lead financial analysis, business process analysis, business decision making support and Mergers & Acquisitions at a corporate level for DISA Global Solutions. The successful leader in this role will have experience in driving long-range financial planning, strategy, and performance by determining and allocating resources (e.g. CAPEX, headcount timing) and reviewing and approving key data-driven assumptions that provide the foundation for business strategies.
Reporting to the CFO, your mission will be to support executive leadership in shaping the Company’s strategic vision and leading the development of functional operational and business plans. You will develop and oversee the execution of core financial analysis processes by implementing disciplined financial analysis methodologies and establishing financial targets (e.g. baseline, strategic, etc.) using business intelligence and market analysis. Additionally, you will produce financial models and forecasts that incorporate assumptions, expectations, and known risks. You will prepare analyses for business case presentations to executive management and the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will take over the lead of the M&A process. The Company completed 5 acquisitions in 2017, 10 acquisitions in 2018 and is expecting to complete 15 in 2019. This role will lead the accounting, tax, IT and legal diligence process with our external advisors, drive diligence, assess synergies, negotiate with sellers. You will assist in the identification of potential business opportunities, the analysis of plans to mitigate risks and the development of key integration strategies to meet expected targets.
You will lead a group of 2 managers and 2 analysts with opportunity to grow.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field, MBA a +
• Twelve years in overall finance and accounting experience required. Minimum of five years of work experience in financial analysis and in positions of increasing responsibility in a supervisory role required; ten years or more a plus. Seven (7) years of experience in a high growth company, handling high volume detailed transaction processing and organization
• Experience working in a midsize company with a multitude of vendors
• Well-developed and proven analytical skills including business planning, financial analysis, and business unit reporting
• Sophisticated knowledge of research and modeling, as well as some understanding of enterprise valuation and financial markets Advanced financial modelling and research skills. Extensive financial modeling experience utilizing Microsoft Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools helpful (Access, SQL, etc.)
• History of leading Acquisition Integration and Diligence and Accounting for multiple M&A transactions on an annual basis
• M&A diligence background through public accounting, investment banking or corporate development experience
• Strong business systems experience; IT savvy. Extensive ERP and financial reporting software experience; Great Plains and Prophix management reporting experience a plus
• Comfortable leading operational teams that do not understand finance
• Highly polished speaking, writing, and presentation skills, effective listening skills and a high degree of comfort working with people of varied backgrounds and cultures
• Strong understanding of accounting principles, flows and processes required
• Experience with budgeting, planning, revenue assurance, and margin analysis
• Comfort with executing ad hoc projects such as: analyzing bank fees, annual financial reporting, operations analysis, financial modeling, balance sheet and price point analysis
• The ability to use multiple problem-solving tools and techniques
• Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required
• Ability to influence others using reason as well as data
• Ability to multi-task with proven skills in problem solving and attention to detail
• Demonstrated initiative with the commitment and ability to meet deadlines
• Experience with technology, data collection and market research companies and private equity backed companies a plus.
• Ability to travel as needed (10 - 30% of time)
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Plan and coordinate annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
• Work closely with the accounting function to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial statements
• Develop balance sheet and cash flow projections
• Forecast miscellaneous corporate expenses
• Analyze and report on actual versus planned capital expenditures and ROIs
• Assist department leaders in the development and monitoring of the respective budgets
• Assist the CFO with strategic planning and implementation; provide year-end audit support
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
• Work closely with Product and Technology to understand new product opportunities, their linkage to the strategic plan and support them in creating appropriate business plans and green light models with linkage back into annual budgets.
• Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
• Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
• Work with business unit owners to define Key Performance Indicators used to measure overall operational performance
• Work closely with CFO to develop a centralized governance over the Company’s various business intelligence activities including evaluation of corporate and functional KPI’s and the linkage back to annual budget and strategic plan, the systems used to analyze and report those KPI’s and the staffing framework deployed to continuously monitor and provide business support.
• Work closely with our Vice President of Technology for developing and implementing systems, processes, and reports that enhance the quality and availability of financial information and operational metrics to aid in management and control of the business
• Monitoring operating cash requirements and covenant compliance
• Monitoring capital expenditure requirements
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
DISA is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.